History / Mission / Values
The University of Central Florida Marriage and Family Research Institute was created in 2003 to support and strengthen healthy relationships for individuals, couples and families.
We are committed to conducting and disseminating rigorous research that contributes to the understanding of relationships and provides useful clinical applications. We are invested in collaborating with our community partners to enrich the lives of individuals, couples and families. It is our goal to make our services inclusive and accessible to the widest reach of people across race, ethnicity, ability, religion, class, culture, and sexual orientation. We are also committed to the continuous care, development and support of our Institute team, as we know that passion and compassion must begin with ourselves.
- To secure external funding for inquiry and evaluation to better understand and support individuals, couples and families.
- To generate pioneering knowledge and skills to inform evidenced based practice related to individuals, couples and families.
- To disseminate impactful scholarship and sustain a vibrant learning organization.
- To build and maintain strong community engaged partnerships that support the greater Orlando community.
- To promote diversity and provide accessible and inclusive services to all individuals, couples and families.
- Excellence through Teamwork
- Driven by Quality Service & Performance
- Focus on Honesty & Respect
- Passion for Community
- Commitment to Personal & Professional Growth
- Dedication to Diversity